Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Halfway through March already?

Current raves: Spring is here in Beijing!! Blooms and green tips everywhere. U2's No Line on the Horizon, my grandmother, snail mail from my lovely Jeanette

My 2nd oldest cousin, me & my ridic. hat, my lovely grandmother


Happy Year of the Ox!


She's honestly the most amazing human being ever!! Haha, no superlatives there.


Outside the National Center for Performing Arts with Cathy & Vanessa

Silk Street Market, basically bring your $$ and pick your poison




Too fast! Slow down time. There's no way it's already St. Patrick's Day of 2009. Although for the first time in years, no one tried to pinch me because I didn't wear green. The days are flying by too fast here in China; I need for them to slow down or else I know that I won't be able to let myself leave. Although, I don't think the schools will let me delay for any longer...it's already been two years of tuition deposits and promises to be there in the next fall.

A HUGE HUGE thank you and HUG to every single person who took the time out of their day to make my birthday brighter. Each text, call, email, FB post, snail mail truly meant a lot!!! I know Winnie will get a massive kick out of this happy birthday 'FOB'by email my dad sent...I love my parents so much, this email made me laugh SO hard I almost died. No editing on my part:

Howdy, Daughter,

Happy Birthday to you!

This is your first birthday in China since you left China in 1989. After 20 years, you have become an elegant and intelligent girl who has accomplished a lot in America and then returned to China with great honors. Your hard work and studies has pushed you to a very good position. As your parents, we are very proud of you!

You have 4 more years to get your JD/MBA. Then you will get a decent job and salary, too. After that, we wish you find a new boyfriend and then marry to him. You are smart enough to recognize who is your man to stay with for many years, hopefully for whole life.

Happy Birthday again!!!

Mom and Dad


Best parents ever. They are amazing. :) Dating advice? It's already a one-liner now with Winnie and I, 'hopefully for whole life.' Haha...they only want me to be happy. ;)

Bono and the Edge are singing in the background and everything is good with the world:

I was born, I was born to be with you. In this space and time, after that and ever after..I haven't got a clue. Only to regret...this foolishness can leave a heart black and blue. But only love, only love unites our hearts. Justified till we die, you and I will magnify. Magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment