
Today, I took an afternoon coffee break and went to go explore the sub-levels of the office building. We are three large buildings that are connected underground with a majorly swanky mall.

It's basically an extremely long hall with food options off of both sides. Walking, walking, walking...
Burger King is coming soon.
Pizza Hut in Chinese...
Pizza Hut in English...(well, I found this comparison quite humorous)
Buy a watch while you're at the food court.
THEN....out of nowhere....BEARD PAPA.
What a weird name right? First of all, shouldn't it be Beard(ed) Papa? That would make more sense and flow off the tongue better...ohbutWHOCARES....they sell cream puffs! All types of cream puffs.

Freshly baked cream puffs, just sitting there in the ovens. You can see them. Then you can see the menu which offers regular cream puffs, melted chocolate cream puffs, strawberry cream puffs, chocolate cream puffs. Oh the agony. So, I had to try one. I needed to know. Were they soft? Were they too dry? Were they delicious? Were they bland? What are they, Beard Papa?
Mmmm.....
*chomp nom nom*
I DIE. I have never tasted anything so delicious. These creme puffs even blow the chocolate souffle that Jeanette & I had at Gary Danko in San Francisco out of the water, and that is a high bar we're talking about.
I will now avoid Beard PAPA at all costs. MUCH too delicious and much too dangerous.
PS: they are in 300 different locations. If you ever see a Beard Papa, go. Do it for the kids. Just get one and then run away. Run away fast...while you can still run.
I have seen Beard Papa's here for years, but actually never tried them. After reading your post I will now give them a try, might be a good substitute for my regular Dunkin' Donuts visits!
ReplyDeleteMarc! Yes, you must give Beard Papa a try! See if they have the one I photographed above available. It was amazing! :)
ReplyDeleteJenn
I vaguely remember having that in Shanghai a few years ago. And I did laugh a bit at the name.
ReplyDelete